What is your Android smartphone gets lost or it is stolen? How will you track the device or find it? Here is a small part which will guide you to find your device in many ways, also including the device using the IMEI number.
How to Find your IMEI Number:
Below are the places where you could find the IMEI number of your device:
- On the purchase bill you got with the device.
- On the box of the device
- It is marked and written on the battery that cubes with the device.
- Dial *#06# in the phone app, the IMEI number of the device is displayed on the screen.
METHOD 1: Tracking lost mobile using Google
This method specifically does not help to Track your Android phone using the IMEI number of the device but using the Location Access, i.e. GPS. So follow the steps
- First you have to make sure whether the device has the Latin access switched on. If it was off then this method cannot actually work.
- Now Google keeps a track of every device, and you can perform many things in case your device is lost.
- So log on to device manager website and log in with your Google account which you have been using on the device.
- Now here you will see the options to Track your device. It will show you the real time location of the device.
- Not only this you can lock the device remotely. Set a password or also change the password of your device.
- It also gives you an option to remotely erase all your data on the device, so that your personal data does not get in wrong hands.
So this was a method to stumpy find your list or stolen phone using the Android Device Manager.
Method 2: Lodge a Police complaint
This method uses the IMEI number and tracking the device through it. You need to lodge a police complaint and then put your IMEI number in the search process. And then whenever the person changes the SIM card type device would be tracked by the use of IMEI number. But the probability of this method to work and find your phone is low as the police generally in very rare cases track your phone, unless it is if high priority.
Method 3: Using Anti virus or Anti Theft Applications
This method generally doesn't help you find your phone but it really does help you prevent your phone from getting in wrung hands and blocks it. You should be using a premium anti virus Software. Whenever the SIM is changed the anti virus will block the phone and ask for password, so this would prevent your device from getting in wrong hands.
So this was a short post which listed some measures that could be taken in case your phone is lost or stolen. I hope this was helpful.