We used to have a home office long back and now we have our own office space. Having a separate office makes you more productive and creative. Though working from home gives you more freedom, but at some point in time, one should move the own office when their team starts growing.
If you don’t know, along with Geek Dashboard, we are also into Android and web development for our clients. Notification History Log and WP Droid are few of our products we are proud of. Our official Geek Dashboard Android app is built using our own WP Droid plugin.
Managing all these works and client projects are impossible to do from home and we decided to set up our office. Here are the gadgets and tools we use regularly in our office to do our awesome works.
Our Productive Office Environment
We use plenty of gadgets, electronics, tools and stationary in our office and we’re incomplete without them. In case if you are planning to have your own office, make sure you check this list to get started.
- Computers and Laptops
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Apple Magic Keyboard
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse
- Lenovo Wireless Mouse
- Apple AirPods with Wireless Charging Case
- HyperDrive USB Hub
- WD My Passport Portable External Hard Drive
- Seagate Backup Plus Portable 4 TB
- Power Banks
- Cables and Adapters
- Earphones and Headpones
- USB Flash Drives
- External CD Drive
- Furniture and Stationary
Computers and Laptops
The essential and most important things in any office are computers and laptops. Depending on the style of work, you should opt for either laptops or computers. Since most of our team work remotely, we mostly prefer to have laptops connected to external monitors. We do also have a desktop for backup.
Apple MacBook Pro (2017)
- 2.4 GHz 8th-Generation quad-core Intel Core i5 Processor
- Brilliant Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
Apple MacBook Pro (Mid 2012)
- 2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7 processor
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM; 750 GB Hard Drive
- 13.3 inch LED-backlit display, 1280-by-800 resolution
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
Samsung 15.6″ Laptop
- Ultra slim - the sleek, metal notebook 5 Easily slips into your bag and looks stylish wherever you...
- Power and performance - a powerful AMD Processor lets you do more, All at once.
- Full HD display - even in the brightest room, content pops and color look true-to-life on the 15. 6"...
- Comfort keyboard - Designed for the way you work, The notebook 5 Keyboard features ergonomic...
Smartphones and Tablets
We review a lot of smartphones and also use them to test our Android apps. At Geek Dashboard, we write about both Android and iOS tutorials and these smartphones helps us to test the process before wrting the content and for grabbing the screenshots.
Since fragmentation is a major drawback in Android, we need smartphones from different manufacturers to test the apps we develop. Here is the list of smartphones and tablets our writers and developers are currently using at the office.
Apart from laptops and smartphones, there are plenty of electronics every office should have. Here are the major electronics we use regularly in our office.
Samsung 390 Series Curved 27″ Full HD Monitor
- 27 inch Vertical Alignment (VA) Panel Technology LCD Non-Touch monitor, 1920 x 1080 Resolution,...
- 1 x HDMI, 1x DP, Mounting-Hole Pattern(VESA): 75 x 75 mm; Power Consumption: 0.3 W (Standby) 25 W...
- Enjoy crisp, clear pictures in 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution, and darker blacks and brighter whites...
- Immersive Viewing Experience with Curved Screen; Game Mode; Eye Saver Mode; Additional Features:...
Mitsubishi Split Air Conditioner
Turbo Mode, 3D Auto, Vertical and Horizontal Swing
Water Dispenser with Refrigerator
- HOT & COLD WATER SPOUTS: When you use our water cooler dispenser you can choose between a Crisp Cold...
- CHILD SAFE: Our water cooler dispenser is UL/Energy Star Approved and features a child safety lock...
- INNOVATIVE & STYLISH DESIGN: Avalon’s Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser features a slim design...
- TIME SAVING: Our top loading water cooler dispenser saves time when you need to make a quick cup of...
Canon PIXMA MG3620 All-In-One Color Inkjet Printer with Scanner
- Mobile Device Printing: Easily print from your iPhone, iPad, Android or tablet
- Quick and Easy Wireless Setup
- Powerful Printing options: Airprint, Google Cloud Print, NFC, Mopria and Canon Print
- Compact and Space saving design
Canon B/W Laser Printer
- Print up to 26 pages per minute
- Space saving, compact design conforms to personal or home office environments
- 250 Sheet maximum paper capacity
- All in one single cartridge system combines the toner and drum into one unit, making cartridge...
APC UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector
- 1350VA / 810W Backup Battery Power
- 10 Total Outlets: 5 UPS Battery Backup Surge Protector Outlets, plus 5 Surge Protector Only Outlets
- Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR). An AVR UPS Battery Back up instantly corrects low/high voltage...
- Hot Swappable BX1350M UPS Replacement Battery sold separately (part # APCRBC123)
D-Link AC1750 Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
- RELIABLE COVERAGE: High gain antenna and high power amplifiers create reliable coverage, ideal for...
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: This router has strong, reliable AC1750 WiFi performance, perfect for HD media...
- ADVANCED FEATURES: Includes parental controls and Mac/IP filters as well as dual band, guest...
- EASY SETUP: Set this router up within minutes with the user friendly installation wizard or the...
Smartphones and laptops are incomplete with accessories. The worst part of today’s technology is, we need to buy a lot of accessories along with expensive smartphones and laptops.
For instance, the latest MacBooks need different accessories for connecting different devices. Most of the flagship devices these days come without a headphone jack and we need a 3.5mm to Type-C adapter for the same. Apart from this, we also need many optional Accessories to improve productivity.
Apple Magic Keyboard
- Magic Keyboard combines a sleek design with a built-in rechargeable battery and enhanced key...
- With a stable scissor mechanism beneath each key, as well as optimized key travel and a low profile,...
- It pairs automatically with your Mac, so you can get to work right away.
Apple Magic Mouse
- Magic Mouse 2 is completely rechargeable, so you’ll eliminate the use of traditional batteries.
- It’s lighter, has fewer moving parts thanks to its built-in battery and continuous bottom shell,...
- And the Multi-Touch surface allows you to perform simple gestures such as swiping between web pages...
- Magic Mouse 2 is ready to go right out of the box and pairs automatically with your Mac.
Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse
- Unique thumb wheel: for horizontal navigation and advanced gestures
- Easy connections for multiple computers: use with up to three Windows or Mac computers via included...
- Easy switching between computers with the touch of the button
- Tracks virtually anywhere even on glass: the dark field sensor tracks flawlessly even on glass and...
Arteck 2.4G Ultra Slim Wireless Keyboard
- Easy Setup: Simply insert the nano USB receiver into your computer and use the keyboard instantly.
- Ergonomic design: Stainless steel material gives heavy duty feeling, low-profile keys offer quiet...
- 6-Month Battery Life: Rechargeable lithium battery with an industry-high capacity lasts for 6 months...
- Ultra Thin and Light: Compact size (11.1 X 5.3 X 0.16in) and light weight (10.2oz) but provides full...
Lenovo Wireless Mouse
- Striking black diamond design and midsize dimensions
- 2.4GHz wireless technology
- 10 meter operation range
- Lenovo Wireless Mouse N50 (Black)
Apple AirPods with Wireless Charging Case
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri”
- Double-tap to play or skip forward
HyperDrive USB Hub
- The most crowdfunded MacBook and USB-C accessory in history on Kickstarter and Indiegogo.Now with...
- 2X Power Delivery - Only HyperDrive has two USB-C power delivery ports that allow MacBook charging...
- World's Most Compact and Fastest (50Gb/s) Hub specifically designed for USB-C MacBook Pro 13" and...
- Turns 2 x USB-C ports on the MacBook into 6 ports (Gigabit Ethernet, 40Gb/s USB-C with 100W Power...
WD My Passport Portable External Hard Drive
- Auto backup with included WD Backup software
- Password protection with hardware encryption
- Trusted drive built with WD reliability
- USB 3.0 port; USB 2.0 compatible. SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7. Requires...
Seagate Backup Plus Portable 4 TB
- Store and access 4TB of photos and files with Seagate Backup Plus Portable, an on the go USB drive...
- The perfect compliment to personal aesthetic, this portable external hard drive features a...
- Great as a laptop hard drive or PC hard drive, simply plug in via USB 3.0 to back up with a single...
- Edit, manage, and share photos with a one year complimentary subscription to Mylio Create and a two...
Cables and Adapters
Earphones and Headpones
USB Flash Drives
External CD Drive
- 【Plug & playp】easy TO use. Rhodes external DVD Drive is powered by USB port. No external driver...
- 【High speed】 Rodd's external CD drive is compatible with USB3. 0 and backwards compatible with...
- 【Trendy design】 brushed texture shell brings trendy sight and touch enjoyment. Embedded cable...
- 【Intelligent technology】 This Ultra slim CD/DVD player for laptops comes standard with an eject...
Furniture and Stationary
Having correct posture while working is very important for both health and productivity. It depends on the chair, table height, foot rests, monitor arms and much more.
- Single monitor arm adjusts effortlessly for easy use
- Arm extends and retracts, tilt to change reading angles, and rotate from landscape-to-portrait mode;...
- Increases desktop space (desk clamp fits desks between 0.4” up to 2.4”); ergonomic positioning...
- works with almost any LCD monitor measuring 32 inches or smaller.
Bean Bags and Foot Rest
Last updated on