Aadhaar card is one of the must have identity cards for all the Indians. The purpose of Aadhaar card has diverse reasons and also benefits. However, in this post today, you get the process on “How to link Aadhaar card to bank account?” Though the process of linking aadhar card to bank account is not exactly the same for all bank accounts, it is similar for many. Before you link aadhaar to bank account, you must notice that all the banks do not support Net-Banking and SMS services. Before moving on to linking Aadhaar to bank account, let me tell you what Aadhaar actually is.
What Is Aadhaar Card?
Aadhaar is an unique identification card that enables every person to be recognized by the government for ration, banking services etc. The 12 digit Unique Identification Number (UIDN) is used to store your biometric and demographic details. Aadhaar card can now officially used as a proof to get any service like SIM cards, Vehicle registrations, Banking services or any other. As Aadhaar consists Name, Age, Sex, Date Of Birth, Address and other details of a person, it can therefore be used as a proof of residential address, date of birth etc.
The main reason why Aadhaar has been implemented is, to reduce frauds. We see many frauds in the government offices or elsewhere. To reduce these, details of every single activity must be manually entered online with the 12 digit Aadhaar card number and is linked to the Aadhaar number. As per the new rule, every citizen of India must have Aadhaar card and link it to the gas agency and bank account. Aadhaar card has made the work of Income Tax Department easier, as it could constantly keep track of all transactional activities easily.
Benefits Of Linking Aadhaar To Bank Account
As you’re now aware on what Aadhaar card actually is, you must also have idea on the benefits of linking Aadhaar card to bank account. Linking Aadhaar card not only reduces the frauds in the government sector, but also keeps track on the details of every individual, thus increase the number of tax payers. But, if you feel that isn’t your concern, you must go through the benefits of linking Aadhaar card to bank account. Below are a few benefits.
- As per the new rule passed by the Government, the Banks are bound to work according to them. If you do not link your Aadhaar to bank account, your account may not be functioning accordingly.
- You cannot use ration card if your Aadhaar card is not linked to your bank account.
- You can get all government benefits like pension etc only by linking your Aadhaar card.
- You can get subsidized LPG only by linking your Aadhaar card to bank account. You would not get the gas, if you do not link your Aadhaar card to bank account or gas agency.
- There are also some other schemes that work under Aadhaar card. Some of them are Indira Gandhi National Old Pension scheme, Indira Gandhi National widow Pension scheme, Indira Gandhi National disability Pension scheme, National Family benefit scheme and Annapurna.
How To Link Aadhaar Card To Bank Account
To link Aadhaar card to bank account, the customers have to visit the nearest branch of the bank and fill out a form that would be available at every branch of the bank. Once the form is filled and submitted, it would take some time to get their name enrolled online. Some banks are also helping the customers to link their savings account to Aadhaar card through Net-Banking and SMS. By enabling this, every single transaction is linked to the Aadhaar.
Linking Aadhaar to Bank account is similar for almost all the banks. But, the process for some banks like Axis Bank, UCO Bank, IDBI Bank, Bank Of Baroda, Canara Bank, State Bank of India are mentioned below for convenience.
Linking Aadhaar Card To Axis Bank Account
Follow the below steps to link Aadhaar card to Axis Bank account.
- First of all, if you do not have an Aadhaar card, please do apply for Aadhaar Card ASAP.
- Once you have your Aadhaar card with you, get two xerox copies of your Aadhaar card and Bank account as well.
- Visit your nearest branch office and fill the form available there with all the details asked, like Name, Age, Sex, Aadhaar number, Bank account number etc.
- Submit the form to the employees and your enrollment for linking your bank account to Aadhaar will be processed.
Linking Aadhar Card To UCO Bank Account
Unlike the Axis bank, UCO bank has three ways to link Aadhaar card.
Method 1: Internet Banking
Follow the below steps to link your UCO Bank account to your Aadhaar card.
- Login to your account and click on “Linking Of Aadhar Number.”
- Fill the 12 digit Aadhaar number in the box you get there.
- Press “Accept Terms & Submit.”
- You can see a screen with acknowledgement. It would be better to save it for any future reference.
- You’re done linking you Aadhaar to your UCO bank account.
Method 2: SMS Gateway
You can also link your Aadhar card to bank account by SMS. All you need to do is, type UCOAADHAR <12 digit Aadhaar number> <14 digit account number> and send a text to the number 9231008888 (without “<,>”). You will get an acknowledgement message. That’s it, your Aadhaar card will be linked to your bank account soon.
Method 3: Visit The Nearest Branch
Another method to link your Aadhaar card to UCO bank account is, visit the nearest branch office, Fill in the form, submit two xerox copies of Aadhar card and your bank passbook, also with two passport size photographs. Your linking will be done soon.
Linking Aadhaar Card To IDBI Bank Account
It is also way similar to the process of linking Aadhaar card to Axis bank account. All you need to do is, take xerox of your Aadhaar card, passbook, POI and POA (1 copy each), visit the nearest branch, fill out the form carefully with all details correctly and submit them. Your Aadhaar card will be linked to your bank account soon.
Linking Aadhaar Card To Bank Of Baroda Bank Account
To link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda bank account, you must have a xerox copy of passbook, Aadhaar card and also the original copy of Aadhaar. Visit the nearest branch, fill out the details in the form and submit the documents. Your account will be linked to Aadhaar within one week.
Linking Aadhar Card To State Bank of India [SBI]
State Bank of India provides many ways to Link Aadhaar Card to bank accounts. You can either directly visit the bank branch or make use of net banking for doing same. Check this article for more details.
Linking Aadhar Card To Canara Bank Account
To link Aadhaar card to Canara Bank account, you must visit the nearest branch, fill out the details in the form carefully and submit to the authorities. Once you’ve submitted the form, after sometime, call 1800-425-0018. You will have to tell your Aadhaar number (other details if asked), so that he will verify and activate your service.
So, these are the ways to link Aadhaar card to bank account. Almost every bank has the similar way. There might be sighter differences in the process of linking Aadhaar to bank account, but in the maximum cases, it is the same. Hope this helped you.