Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 is a tiny little beast which still holds a good number of users. Samsung tasted the power of success in budget android devices with Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. So are you Interested to install Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 ? we are here to guide you. The device packs the specifications which are pretty outdated in this era of smartphones when we compared to the latest Smartphones which are having Quad-Core and Octa-Core at a price which you got Samsung Galaxy Y a long time ago. The device is shipped with Android 2.3 GingerBread Huh! Pretty outdated right?. The device got a huge developer support that it does have a huge list of Custom Roms available for the device.
Now another Rom named as CyanogenMod 11 is added to the list. To all those who don’t know about CyanogenMod, it is a aftermarket firmware which is based on the AOSP Android. CyanogenMod is available only for few devices and many devices are still waiting for a CyanogenMod Rom. Samsung Galaxy Y users are lucky enough that they got the latest CyanogenMod 11 Custom Rom based on latest Android 4.4.4 Kitkat. Now you can install Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360. Yes you can get the latest version of Android on your device. You can follow this guide to Install Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360.
Prerequisites to Install Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
- You must root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 before following this guide out.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of ClockWorkMod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360.
- Make sure that you have a good backup of all important data on your device.
- Make sure that you have at least 55% of battery remaining.
Downloads to Install Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
Procedure to install Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
- Download Kernel and Rom file to your computer and transfer them to your device’s SD Card.
- Turn Off your Device and Reinsert the battery.
- Now turn on the device on recovery mode using the key combination “Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button“
- Next Select Apply Update from SD Card and select the ?kernel.zip”.
- After successful installation, navigate to advanced menu and Reboot Recovery.
- Now you will be booted into latest CWM recovery on your device.
- You probably see a lot of errors don’t panic and navigate to Mounts and Storage > Format System,Data & Cache.
- Now you need to mount all partitions.
- After that simply press back button and select Install Zip from SD Card.
- Choose the ROM that you have copied earlier to the SD Card.
- Wait until the installation completes. Reboot system after that.
- The initial Boot will take a few minutes.
Disclaimer: Neither Developers nor Geek Dashboard is responsible for any damage to your mobile during this process. Try at your own risk
So you are now running on Android 4.4.4 on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 by following our guide on How to Install Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy Y. If you are stuck at any point of the process do let us know via comments.