Samsung Galaxy Mini is one the best android mobile under $200 with hell lot of options and features. All though it is a low end android mobile but suits very well for casual and budget minded people. In order to maintain same importance for even better Samsung mobiles like Galaxy Y S5360, Samsung Galaxy S Duos, this mobile is released in to market with few limitations. However you can overcome those limitations to enjoy some hidden features just by rooting your device and by installing some cool bug free custom ROM’s. Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy MINI is finally here. This guide will help you to Install and update Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung galaxy mini using CyanogenMod 10.1
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy MINI Features
Before installing this custom Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy MINI, let me know you what are the features and bugs you will face ultimately. Think twice or trice before proceeding.
- Keypad Lights
- External and Internal Storage mounting
- and all default options
You must follow some pre-requirements in order to update Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy MINI successfully. Follow all below mentioned requirements carefully before starting. One wrong step will brick your mobile. Watch your step carefully.
- This ROM is designed and developed only of Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500. So kindly don’t follow this steps on any other models.
- Root and install ClockworkMOD Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Mini before updating to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (Most Important Step)
- Backup all data on Android Mobile like contacts, Messages etc
- Charge your device at the lest up to 70%
- Enable USB Debugging on your mobile. (Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging)
- Install/Update Cable drivers on your PC
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 to Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with CyanogenMod 10.1
Lets move to important part of the tutorial of installing/updating Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500. This process in very easy, all you have to do is following below mentioned steps in an order carefully.
Download required stuff:
Making use of below given links, download both CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 jelly bean custom ROM and Google Application package.
Instructions for Flashing
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Mini S6500 to PC by making use of USB cable
- Copy both “CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM” and “Google Application Package” to your mobile without extracting. Copy as zip files as downloaded
- Now disconnect your mobile from PC and switch it off
- Press and hold Volume up button, Home button and finally power button to enter recovery mode.
- Create Android backup in recovery mode by selecting “Backup and restore” -> “Backup”
- After creating backup, Select “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition.” using volume keys.
- It is now perfect time to install Android 4.2.2 jelly bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy Mini, Select “Install zip from SD card” and select “CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean custom ROM” and confirm the installation when promoted
- Again select “Install zip from SD card” and this time select “Google Application Package”
- Go back to main screen and select “Reboot system now” and wait till reboot completes. It usually takes 3-5 minutes.
Congratulations, you have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean with CyanogenMod 10.1. If you have any issues, comment below and we’ll get in touch with you.