One of the most successful smartphone from Samsung is Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082. Galaxy Grand Duos is perfect choice for budget minded people as it comes with hell lot of features. Since most of the Android lovers developed an habit of making use of dual SIM mobiles, this gadget attracted many hearts. However it too had many cons but they can be converted to pros if you know how to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 and later once rooted, you can even update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos To Android 4.4 KitKat with Cyanogen Mod 11.
This is a detailed tutorial about how to update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos To Android 4.4 KitKat using Cyanogen Mod 11. This is not an official update from but just a custom ROM and it contain many bugs.
How to Install and Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 To Android 4.4 KitKat
Before we explain you about how to update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos To Android 4.4 KitKat, let us say about few pre-requirements, warnings and everything.
- If your mobile is under Warranty, it may void; if you follow steps mentioned in this tutorial
- You Galaxy Grand Duos may become useless if you made false step.
We have already said, there are many bugs found inside this ROM, If you install this ROM on your smartphone, you may miss few advantages. If you’re a power user, i wont recommend this for you. This is just for casual users
- Dual SIM problem, only Primary SIM is working
- Screen Recorder is no more working
- Bad looking graphics while switching between Landscape to portrait and viceversa
- FM not working, you should make use of FM app from Play Store
Pre-Requirements to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos To Android 4.4 KitKat
- Please make sure your mobile model is Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082/GT-I9082L
- Your mobile must be running on Android 4.2.2, If you have not updated officially to 4.2.2 from 4.1. Do it immediately before following below steps.
- You should root Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos for sure.
- Charge your mobile at the least up to 60% to be on safe side.
- Backup all date on Android like Messages, Contacts etc
- Install CWM Recovery after rooting. Download link for CWM Recover is given below.
Step by Step tutorial to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos To Android 4.4 KitKat
Before we start the tutorial about how to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos To Android 4.4 KitKat, Please make sure you downloaded all below stuff
Once you downloaded all above three files, copy them in a separate folder of micro SD card
- Switch your mobile completely and Press and hold “Volume up+Home and Power buttons” at a time and release three of them immediately once you see Galaxy Grand logo on your screen. Now you’re in recovery mode; Touch screen won’t work in recover mode, so make use of volume keys to navigate up to down and power button to confirm selection.
- If you feel, you have some important data on your mobile, you should create Nandroid Backup to be on safe side. This is an optional step. To create Nandroid backup, Go to “Backup and Restore” and select “Backup”.
- Now its time to perform a factory reset, to do so; select “Wipe data/Factory reset” and then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm the selection. This will erase all data, settings and applications.
- Also perform System format by selecting “format/system” from “Mounts and storage”.
- Now select “Install Zip” and select “Install Zip from SD card” and browser for the files you saved in SD card and select ROM file.
- Once installed, do the same time and this time select Gapps file. Please note that, you should first install ROM file and then Gapps file.
- Go back to main screen of recovery mode and select “reboot”. This will reboot your smartphone.
That’s it, you learnt how to update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos To Android 4.4 KitKat easily. Once rebooted, your mobile is ready to rock on Android 4.4 KitKat. First boot will take several minutes, so please keep your patience.
If your mobile struck at logo screen, do panic; just perform factory reset again as said above in step 3 and everything will be fine.