Tired of searching how to unblock YouTube at school, college and work location? Your destination has arrived.
YouTube being one of the favourite entertainers for kids in school, the master guide for graduates in colleges, the private cooking teacher for mum’s at home is the best place to find the solution for any kind of problem.
Whatever may be the gadget you are using, what if YouTube was not accessible on it?
Don’t worry, this definitive guide had numerous ways of unblocking YouTube at your fingertips. One or the other way listed here will surely help you in providing YouTube freedom. We will start with simple steps to unblock YouTube at school and office and will provide professional tips that hardly fail.
11 of best ways to unblock YouTube at School and Work – YouTube Unblocked
Here are different working ways to unblock YouTube at school and work
- 1. Unblock YouTube using Google Translate
- 2. Unblock YouTube using Browser Plugins
- 3. Unblock YouTube using Mobile Hotspot
- 4. Unblock YouTube by downloading videos
- 5. Unblock YouTube using Alternative Websites
- 6. Unblock YouTube using hosts file
- 7. Unblock YouTube using proxy IP
- 8. Unblock YouTube using Hola
- 9. Unblock YouTube using Tor browser
- 10. Unblock YouTube Using VPN
- 11. Unblock YouTube using IP address
1. Unblock YouTube using Google Translate
Google translator is one exceptional tool from google, which can unblock YouTube at school and college.
- Navigate to translate.google.com and then type the YouTube URL https://www.youtube.com
- Select two different languages (at least one should be English) and hit Translate button
- That’s it, you will be able to see the translated version of the website like this.
2. Unblock YouTube using Browser Plugins
Browser plugins too will serve the purpose of unblocking YouTube, if you are allowed to add one on your school/college network. There are many plugins which will serve the same, but you can trust the following.
- Ultrasurf : It provides privacy, security, and freedom for the surfers. You can trust this plugin. Suits well for the fastest browser from Google. The PC version is also available.
- ProxTube: This is an add-on for community friendly browser (Firefox). Using this plugin, you can bypass geographical restrictions too. One good thing about this plugin is it is light weight and serves only when you ask for help.
3. Unblock YouTube using Mobile Hotspot
If YouTube is blocked on your internet network, try using your own. Turn on portable hotspot from your mobile (Android/iOS/Windows) and then try to connect to your mobile hotspot from your laptop. If you are provided with PC, try using USB tethering option and connect via USB. This is will provide freedom to surf whatever you want.
4. Unblock YouTube by downloading videos
Blocking YouTube, can’t stop you watching YouTube videos. Use search engines to search for that video.
Also Read:How to download YouTube videos to PC directly
5. Unblock YouTube using Alternative Websites
We will use search engines this time to find various other YouTube competitors who have uploaded the same video like Dailymotion, Hotstar etc. If you are able to find other uploaders, then it’s a gold mine. You don’t even need YouTube at all.
6. Unblock YouTube using hosts file
Schools/Colleges don’t provide admin access to edit the host file. If you are able to edit the host file, then you should be very lucky. Navigate to C -> Windows -> System32 -> drivers -> etc (Windows) or run this command in terminal “sudo nano /etc/hosts” without quotes (MacOS) and try to edit host file. If your organisation has followed this method, then they might have added this extra line. Delete it and save the file to unblock YouTube.
7. Unblock YouTube using proxy IP
Use this proxy IP 126.96.36.199 for browsing. This was sponsored by 4everproxy network. Browsing through this IP address was anonymous, safe, secure, fast and it’s free. How to use this proxy for unblocking YouTube at school and college?
- Open Internet settings
- Navigate to connections
- Click on LAN settings
- Put this proxy address in the corresponding field
- Route it to the port 8080
- Check bypass proxy server for local addresses and hit OK
8. Unblock YouTube using Hola
Hola is a VPN by nature, but it possesses other abilities like ad blocker, accelerator, GPS locator and web browser too. You can access any website from various locations across the globe virtually. It was loved and used by 115 million people around the world. This is not only because of its gigantic features but also it is free of cost (for non-commercial purpose).
Hola is available not only as a chrome extension, it can be used across browsers and across devices too. You will definitely love its unlimited support. Hola is your best friend to provide web freedom, it includes YouTube too.
9. Unblock YouTube using Tor browser
Tor browser helps to unblock YouTube, but you need admin rights to install it on the machine. If you have admin rights, please try to install this and browse anonymously.
The complete step by step procedure was documented by Torproject. Have a look at this here, if you are moving ahead using tor browser to unblock YouTube.
All the techniques listed above are free to use and you should unblock YouTube by now. If you have failed till now, then your employee or networking staff is taking at most care to block YouTube. It will be too much costly for them to do that.
If you want to find a breakthrough with that much protection, you need to use this one ultimate and professional way of unblocking YouTube (any website) i.e., using VPN.
10. Unblock YouTube Using VPN
Using VPNs for bypassing the youtube blocker, was a professional and costly method too. First of all, VPN is a Virtual Private Network that creates a secure network connection over a public network.
There are so many VPNs available but never go for insecure VPN. Always use VPN that are secure to use else the consequences will be devastating. We don’t recommend our visitors to be a victim. Use secure VPN, stay safe.
Here is the list of VPNs which you can trust.
- IP Vanish – 6.49$/month
- Hide My Ass – 6.55$/month
- Express VPN – 8.32$/month [30-day money back guaranteed]
- Strong VPN – 5.83$/month
- Switch VPN – 6.66$/month [30-day money back guaranteed]
11. Unblock YouTube using IP address
IP address really looks ugly and as a human, we can’t remember all the IP address of the websites. That is how DNS came into the picture. They provide the name for those IP address. But still, we can access the website using the IP address. How to get the IP address of a website?
Make use of command prompt to get the IP address of a website. Just ping youtube.com using cmd. Please find the image below. Here we identified the IP address of YouTube ie. 188.8.131.52, now you may access the YouTube by opening 184.108.40.206 as normal websites in the browser.
Conclusion to Unblock YouTube at School and Office
That’s it, Hope YouTube unblocked at your location now. Here we have provided 11 ultimate techniques on how to unblock YouTube at school or work location. Using these above techniques, you should be able to unblock YouTube. If not, please let us know in comments section. If you found any of these techniques useful, show your appreciation in the comments section below and do share it and help others too.