Did you find volume icon missing from Taskbar in Windows 1o or Windows 7? In the Windows 10 or Windows 7 Taskbar, you can find volume icon, battery icon and network/wireless icon in default settings. But sometimes the volume icon can disappear like other icons do. There are other ways to change the volume. Like you can simply adjust the speaker volume by the use of hotkeys from your keyboard or you can open volume mixer and adjust system volume from the search option. But some prefer the volume icons on the Windows Taskbar.
If you are one of them, then follow the instructions below to fix volume icon missing from taskbar error on Windows 10 and Windows 7. These are the five different solutions that will help you fix volume icon missing from Windows 10 Taskbar and show it once again.
Have a look at all solutions to fix missing volume icon on Windows 10 and Windows 7 Taskbar:
1. How to Fix Missing Volume Icon from Windows 7 and Windows 7 Taskbar using File Explorer
1. Right-click on an empty space on the Taskbar and click on Task Manager.
2. Click on More details if there is a limited view.
3. On the Processes tab, right click on Windows Explorer and click Restart, This will also refresh the icon on the Taskbar.
Since all the icons in the taskbar are refreshed after restarting the Windows Explorer, it will fix volume icons missing from taskbar error automatically. This is one the simple tweak to fix volume icon missing from taskbar in Windows 7 error. The good news is, this trick will also work on Windows 10.
2. How to Fix Missing Volume Icon from Windows 10 and Windows 7 Taskbar Using RegEdit
1. Enter Regedit in Run or search box of the start menu. If there is User Account Prompt, then click Yes option and launch the Registry Editor. Make sure you Use it as an Administrator.
2. In the Editor, go to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorer
3. Look for HideSCAVolume on the right side and double click on it.
4. Then change the value date to 0 and Click OK. Click Yes option if you see any warning dialogue box for restoring the volume button.
This is yet another method to fix volume icon missing from taskbar in Windows 7. Alike first method, this second trick to fix volume icon missing from taskbar will also work on Windows 1o too but only con is, you need to pay little bit attention while looking for the above-mentioned key in Regedit.
3. How to Fix Volume icon missing from Windows 10 Taskbar
1. On the Taskbar, you will find small up arrow to view the hidden icons. Click it.
2. If you see the volume icon there, then drag and drop the volume icon to the Taskbar.
This is one of the simplest methods to solve volume icon disappeared in Windows 10, but we miss it most of the times. We’re here just teaching you how to show the volume icon on taskbar if it is hidden due to too many icons on the taskbar.
Make sure you don’t forget your current Wi-Fi password because it is not that easy to recover. If you still lost it from your mind, check how to find current Wi-Fi’s password on your Windows system.
4. How to Fix Missing Volume Icon from Windows 10 Taskbar using Group Policy
This method is applicable only if you have Pro and Enterprise editions of Windows 10, otherwise, skip it.
1. Enter Gpedit.msc in the Start menu search box or Run box.
2. Click Yes if a dialogue box for User Account Control occurs to open Local Group Policy Editor.
3. Then go to User Configuration -> Administrative Templates. Click on the Start menu and Taskbar.
4. Look for Remove the Volume Control icon on the right side and double click it. You will see the Properties. Click on it.
5. Choose the Disabled tab. Click Apply button. Click on OK and you are done.
Clicking okay will automatically fix volume icon missing from taskbar error in Windows 10. You can find the solution better than this.
Tip: Install .Net Framework on Windows 1o using the offline installer to get rid of unwanted Windows errors.
5. How to fix Volume Icon missing from taskbar error in Windows 10 from Settings
1. Go to Start menu and open Settings app. You can simply use the Windows logo + I hotkey.
2. Go to Personalization, and then Taskbar.
3. Below the Notification area, click on the link Turn system icons on or off. You will get to see the current status.
4. If it is turned off, then simply turn it on.
There are many other settings that will help you to customize your Windows 10 Taskbar. Check our article on how to customize Windows 10 Taskbar, Home Screen and Lock Screen.
When you find your volume icon is missing from taskbar in Windows 7 or Windows 10, it might look as if it is a very small thing. But sometimes, a great inconvenience can be caused due to this. Follow the above methods to fix volume icon missing from taskbar error in Windows 10 and Windows 7.
These are the simplest way that will help you to fix volume icon missing from Windows 10 Taskbar. If you still not able to fix volume icon missing problem, do let us in the comments section below and we will try to fix it for you.
First, click on the Start menu and open the Setting. Then go to Personalization and enter into the Taskbar section. There turn the Volume button on and press the “OK” button.