Moto E users are waiting for the most awaited Android Lollipop update which will be arrived anytime soon. Moto E users are waiting from a long time and at some point they are confused whether they are going to receive Lollipop update or not. But Motorola cleared the confusion of many with their blog post which states that Moto E and Moto Maxx are going to get Android Lollipop OTA update. Motorola started soak testing the lollipop update in Brazil and India. As mentioned above currently the update is rolled for a few group of people for soak test, To those who heard the word soak test for first time it the process of testing the update for bugs on a group of devices which are regularly used so that the team can patch them up before the official release of Android Lollipop update for Moto E. However guys over XDA captured the update and made available for all. Incase if you want to update Moto E to Android Lollipop then you can follow this guide on “How to update Moto E to Android Lollipop 5.0.2”.
The update may contain a few bugs which will be patched in further updates. You can update Moto E to Android Lollipop using Soak test update if you can’t wait for the update. Though there are bugs in the update you can use the device normally. You need to know about a few prerequisites before updating your Moto E to Android Lollipop Soak Test.
All Guides produced on the site are for educational purposes only. Geek Dashboard is not responsible for damaged SD Cards or Bricked devices. Follow the guides at your own risk.
Prerequisites to update Moto E to Android Lollipop 5.0.2
- Make sure that your device is Moto E XT1022.
- Make sure that you are running on stock ROM without any modifications.
- Make sure that you have enough free space in your device. We recommend a minimum of 750 MB of free internal memory.
- Make sure that you have enough battery left in your devcie.
- Make sure that you have enabled USB Debugging on your device.
Required downloads to update Moto E to Android Lollipop 5.0.2
- Stock Android Lollipop Flashable Files (for rooted device)
- Android Lollipop Update (Non rooted devices)
Procedure to update Moto E to Android Lollipop 5.0.2
- Download the necessary files according to your criteria.
- If you are using a device which is not rooted you can follow below steps.
- Rename the downloaded file to Blur_Version.22.21.32.condor_retaildsds.retaildsdsall.en.03.zip.
- Copy the file to /sdcard/
- Navigate to settings > About device > check for updates.
- Bingo your device will prompt you to update to android lollipop.
- Accept it and wait until it is updated.
- If you are using a rooted Moto E on Stock ROM without any modifications follow below steps.
- Download M-fastboot and Stock Android Lollipop files for rooted devices from above links.
- Now extract M-fastboot anywhere on your computer.
- Rename the downloaded file to Blur_Version.22.21.32.condor_retaildsds.retaildsdsall.en.03.zip and copy it to the extracted folder.
- Now navigate to the M-Fastboot folder and use shift + right click and select open cmd here.
- Switch Off your device and reboot into recovery mode by press and holding power and volume down buttons simultaneously, then select Recovery using Volume Up and select ADB Sideload in the recovery.
- Now type in the command
adb sideload Blur_Version.22.21.32.condor_retaildsds.retaildsdsall.en.03.zipand hit enter.
- That’s it the system will copy the neccessary files to your device and will update Moto E to Android Lollipop.
- The overall update procedure may take around 1 hr and the first boot after update may take a while. So there is no need to panic.
Hope this guide on How to update Moto E to Android Lollipop 5.0.2 helped you to update your device. In case if you have any queries do leave a comment so that we can help you out.