Honor launched its best budget smartphone in 2016, which bagged decent ratings and reviews. Honor 6X was one of the potential choices to be considered in 2017. But, does Honor 6X continues to impress even in 2018? We present you an honest Honor 6X Review which will help you in deciding this.
After the launch of Honor 7X, its predecessor 6X lost its charm. Honor 7X has improved processor and better battery optimization. Yet, we have lined up an honest Honor 6X review to help you in considering Honor 6X worthy in 2018 or not.
Honor 6X Review
Honor 6X features Honor’s signature dual-lens camera. But, the camera stabilization and image reproduction are not that great in contrast to its predecessor models. First of all, Honor 6X cannot be considered as a full feature packed phone. Therefore, to highlight an honest Honor 6X review, we have formed a detailed analysis of features and user ratings of Honor 6X.
Honor 6X Display and Design
- Unlike other phones, Honor 6X has a premium unibody design. The phone features a 5.5-inch, full HD resolution display. Furthermore, Honor 6X has a useful rear fingerprint sensor. The overall processing speed of the fingerprint scanner is quite good. The metal body of the phone has satin-like texture because of which the phone easily slips from hand. The round edges of the phone don’t help much with grip, although the phone looks stylish.
- With wide viewing angles, good color reproduction and adequate brightness levels even in outdoor conditions, the Honor 4X manages its spot pretty well. The display glass of the phone is scratch resistant to some extent as well. Additionally, Honor 6X has a little bit of bulge below the screen which provides ambient grip while holding the phone in landscape mode.
- The power button and the volume rockers on the right-side of the phone are easy to reach even in one-hand operation. The phone also has a 3.5mm headphone jack, situated at the top while the Type-C port is placed at the lower end along with microphone and the speakers.
Honor 6X Camera
- The Honor 6X flaunts a dual 12-megapixel camera coupled 2-megapixel rear camera. The lens blur or the DSLR-selective “bokeh” effect produced some decent shots, However, the camera failed at low-light conditions.
- Undoubtedly, Honor continued the legacy and Honor 7X performs much better than the predecessor in terms of camera and image reproduction. Thus, considering Honor 6X in 2018 over other phones is still a significant question.
- On flipping the phone, it greets with an 8-megapixel front-facing shooter. The phone clear and crisp selfies, also it comes with pre-installed portrait mode even for the front-facing camera. The software part comes with auto-focus, and a great set of filters and beauty mode as well.
Honor 6X Performance
With highly-optimized UI and software configurations, Honor 6X provides the best environment to play high-end games. Even in high-resolution settings, the phone didn’t show any performance issues. Despite playing heavy games for a long time, the phone shows minor traces of heating. The phone barely hangs. Although, we witnessed a few frame lags while playing with the manual mode of the camera. The HiSilicon Kiren 659 processor paired with 3GB of RAM does its job pretty well. Without any doubt, the successor device Honor 7X performs much better.
Honor 6X Battery and Charging
The packs a power-house of 3340 mAh battery with fast-charging capabilities. Using a 10W power adapter, the phone manages to attain 50% of juice in an hour. On moderate usage, the phone lasts an entire day. However, with heavy gaming and all-day music, the battery life faced subsequent loss. The battery experienced a mere loss of 15% on playing Full HD video for 90 minutes, which is significantly very great! Likewise, other phones like Honor 7X also feature similar batter performance.
Interface and Reliability
- The Honor 6X runs on its own Emotion-UI 5.0 software with Marshmallow as out-box configurations. The phone updates to Android Nought via OTA Updates. Honor generally adds a load of bloatware to its devices. However, Honor 6X had a clean interface in terms of bloatware.
- Honor 6X gives full control to the user to modify and change the theme of the phone. This gives the user to adjust the phone’s appearance as per their requirements rather than sticking to stock Android UI.
- One thing I need to mention about the speakers of Honor 6X. They are not so-audible. The speakers are not so phenomenal but you won’t be disappointed if you don’t have huge expectations.
Price and Availability
Honor 6X, 3GB RAM, 32GB Memory variant is available at a discounted price of $169 at GearBest.
- Device TypeSmartphone
- ModelHuawei Honor 6x
- AnnouncedOctober 2016
- ReleasedOctober 2016
- PriceRs. 11999
- Type Design Type called form factor refers to a mobile phone's size, shape, and style as well as the layout and position of major components of phone. There are three major form factors seen in mobile phones => bar phones, folding phones and sliding phones.Bar
- Dimensions150.9 x 72.6 x 8.2 mm
- Weight162 g
- Display Type Display Technology => A number of display technologies and types used in mobile phones => TFT (Thin Film Transistor), IPS (In-Place Switching), OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode), AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode), Super AMOLED (an even advanced version of AMOLED), Resistive Touchscreen (Resistive touchscreens contain two layer of conductive material with a very small gap between them which acts as a resistance), Capacitive Touchsceen (Capacitive touchscreen technology consists of a layer of glass coated with a transparent conductor)IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Size5.5 inches
- Resolution1080 x 1920 pixels
- Display Colors Display Colors is refers to the number of different shades of colors that the screen is capable of displaying => 64K colors, 256K colors and 16 million colors, Obviously 16M is highest available range of colors and better than others.16M colors
- Pixel Density Pixel Density (PPI) is refers to the concentration of pixels on a particular display, measured in pixels per inch (ppi). Pixel density is calculated by dividing the diagonal pixel resolution of a display by its diagonal size, higher pixel density better display quality.~401 ppi
- Touch ScreenYes
- Primary Camera is able to capture photographs and usually videos, The most important characteristics of a camera are the resolution (measured in megapixels), lens focus type (fixed or automatic), higher megapixel cameras are known to capture higher quality photos, but not always a good measurement of the photos quality.12 MP
- Secondary8 MP
- Flash Flash Light => There is commonly two types of flash lights are used in camera mobile phones, LED Flash (LED flash offers lower power consumption with drive circuitry that takes up very little room, LEDs can be strobed faster than any other light source), Xenon Flash (xenon flash produces an extremely intense full-spectrum white light for a very short duration)Yes
- Chipset Chipset is a group of integrated circuits designed to perform one or a more dedicated functions, often with real time computing constraints, Popular smartphones are equipped with more advanced embedded chipsets that can do many different tasks depending on their programming.HiSilicon Kirin 655
- CPU CPU (Central Processing Unit) mostly known as processors, CPU processes instructions in order to carry out certain functions that make your device operate properly. Processors are often described as the brain of computers, smartphones and tablets, Smartphones and tablets rely on processors to carry out their every task, Processors are an incredibly important factor in selecting any type of computing device, including your smartphone.Octa-core (4x2.1 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is a single-chip processor designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images in a frame buffer intended for output to a display, This includes things such as lighting effects, object transformations, and 3D motion.Mali-T830MP2
- RAM (Memory) RAM (Random Access Memory) is a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly, any byte of memory can be accessed without touching the preceding bytes that allows information to be stored and accessed quickly from random locations. RAM is the most common type of memory found in computer systems, smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices.3/4 GB RAM
- Internal Storage Internal Storage is a data storage space (flash memory) mostly used in smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices where operating system, apps, music, photos, videos, files and other user data Is stored.32/64 GB
- Card Slot Memory Card Slot is a special slot for inserting a memory card. Memory cards allow you to expand the phone's built-in memory, A memory card (sometimes called a flash memory card or a storage card) is a small storage medium used to store data such as text, pictures, audio, and video, for use on small, portable or remote computing devices such as mobile phones, mp3 players, digital cameras.MicroSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Sensors Sensors are electronic components that detects and responds to some type of input from the physical environment. The specific input could be light, heat, motion, moisture, pressure and location, The output is generally a signal that is converted to use in computing systems, a location sensor, such as a GPS receiver is able to detect current location of your electronic device.Fingerprint
- Battery Type Battery Type => Cell phones run on various kinds of batteries depending on the manufacturer, phone size or shape and features. There are basically four types of cell phone batteries => Lithium Polymer, Lithium Ion, Nickel Metal Hydride and Nickel Cadmium.Li-Ion (Lithium Ion)
- Capacity Battery Capacity is a measure (typically in Amp-hr) of the charge stored by the battery, and is determined by the mass of active material contained in the battery. The battery capacity represents the maximum amount of energy that can be extracted from the battery under certain conditions.3340 mAh battery
- Fast Charging
- 2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G NetworkHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G NetworkLTE
- SIM SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) is a small card that contains mobile network subscriber's account information. This allows the phone using the card to attach to a mobile network. The SIM card is most commonly associated with GSM and UMTS mobile networks. Moving a SIM card from one phone to another allows a subscriber to switch mobile phones without having to contact their mobile network carrier. SIM cards can also be used by a phone to store limited amounts of data, such as phone numbers and text messages.Nano SIM
- Dual SIMYes
- USBMicroUSB v2.0
- Wi-fi Wi-Fi is a popular wireless networking technology using radio waves to provide high-speed network connections that allows devices to communicate without cords or cables, Wi-Fi is increasingly becoming the preferred mode of internet connectivity all over the world.Yes
- Wi-fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth Bluetooth is a wireless communications technology for exchanging data between mobile phones, headsets, computers and other network devices over short distances without wires, Bluetooth technology was primarily designed to support simple wireless networking of personal consumer devices.v4.1, A2DP, EDR, LE
- GPS GPS The Global Positioning System is a satellite-based radio navigation system, GPS permits users to determine their position, velocity and the time 24 hours a day, in all weather, anywhere in the world, In order to locate your position, your device or GPS receiver must have a clear view of the sky.Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC NFC (Near field communication) is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish peer-to-peer radio communications with each other by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no more than a few inches.
- Infrared Infrared connectivity is an old wireless technology used to connect two electronic devices. It uses a beam of infrared light to transmit information and so requires direct line of sight and operates only at close range.
OS and Apps
- Operating System OS => Every computer system run on a base software called Operating System (OS). Operating System controls all basic operations of the computer (such as smartphone, PDAs, tablet computers and other handheld devices). The Operating System allows the user to install and run third party applications (apps), apps are used to add new functionality to the device.Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Facebook Facebook is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos and video, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues. The site is available in 37 different languages.
- YouTube Youtube is a popular free video-sharing website, Youtube is the largest video sharing site in the world, Millions of users around the world have created accounts on the site that allow them to upload videos that anyone can watch.
- Audio PlaybackYes
- Video PlaybackYes
- Video OutYes
- FM RadioYes
- Alert TypesVibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
- Ring TonesYes
- GPRS GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) is a packet oriented mobile data service on the 2G and 3G cellular communication system's global system for mobile communications (GSM), Generally, GPRS is used for the purpose of wireless data transfer, such as sharing pictures and videos or browsing the Internet via a mobile phone connection.
- EDGE EDGE (Enhanced Data GSM Environment) is a wireless network technology generally considered the next step in the 2G network offers data transfer rates up to four times faster than ordinary GSM networks, Generally, EDGE is used for the purpose of wireless data transfer, such as sharing pictures and videos or browsing the Internet via a mobile phone connection.
- SMS SMS (Short Messaging Service) is a text messaging service component of phone, Web, or mobile communication systems. It uses standardized communications protocols to allow mobile phone devices to exchange short text messages over the networks.Yes
- MMS MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) is a standard way to send messages that include multimedia content (audio clips, video clips and images) to and from mobile phones over wireless networks using the WAP protocol.
- Email Email (Electronic Mail) is a system for receiving, sending, and storing electronic messages, Similar to a letter, email is text messages that may contain files, images, or other attachments sent via the internet to a recipient by using applications and software prograps. An email address is required to receive email, and that address is unique to the user.Yes
Final Words: Honor 6X Review
To summarise an honest Honor 6X review, we considered all the main points for considering a purchase. Without any doubt, the phone has a great bunch of specifications and features. But, these specifications don’t impress much in 2018.
You can get a better set of specs just by spending a little bit of extra amount. Honor 7X, 4GB RAM|32GB ROM is available for $259 at GearBest.
Honor 7X undoubtedly features a much stable software, better camera performance, and much powerful processor than the predecessor 6X. While there is not much difference in the cost of the phones, Honor 7X being launched recently should be a more potential choice for considering a purchase in 2018.