At the end of this article you’ll surely get a clear understanding on how to root HTC wildfire S. The HTC Wildfire S was released back in February 2011, and was a very popular device back then. It was released with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and was an ideal device for people with a limited budget to spend on a Smartphone.
Today, Gingerbread is an outdated operating system and as there was no official Ice Cream Sandwich update for the HTC Wildfire S, people are stuck to their stock Gingerbread ROM. As it runs on lower versions of Android, you can root HTC wildfire s to feel some hidden features on your mobile.
But, now you can root HTC Wildfire S, and then run custom ROM of your choice. And today, we will be guiding you through the entire process that helps you to root HTC Wildfire S by your own.
Before we start the rooting process, here are some info’s that you should know:
- Don’t follow this process, if you don’t know what rooting exactly is and what are the disadvantages of rooting.
- Follow the steps mentioned here carefully, and only download tools that we mention here. Making faults in the process can brick your phone.
- In case your phone gets bricked or damaged, we held no responsibility.
- Rooting your phone will void your phone’s warranty.
Below are few procedures, you need to follow before rooting your HTC Wildfire S:
- Go to settings and then click on Developer Settings. From Developer Settings, turn on USB Debugging.
- Backup your important data like Messages, Applications, contacts etc.
- Make sure you have charged your mobiles battery at the least up to 50%, While rooting battery may drains faster than normal.
Things you need to root HTC Wildfire S
- Download the root file (mirror link 1)
- Download the zip file (mirror link 1)
- You need to unlock your device’s bootloader before proceeding to root. You can unlock the bootloader by visiting www.htcdev.com/bootloader
Step by step guide to Root HTC Wildfire S
Make sure you have followed and completed the above prerequisites list. Then follow the below procedure to root your HTC Wildfire S:
- First of all, copy and paste the Root File and the Zip File that you downloaded earlier, to your external SD card.
- Turn Off your HTC Wildfire S.
- After your device shuts down, press the Volume Down and Power key at the same time, to boot the device into bootloader mode.
- The device will automatically recognize the zip file, and will prompt you to flash the zip file.
- Use the volume rockers, and click “Yes” to start the flashing process.
- Your device will reboot automatically after the flashing process gets over.
- Now once again turn off your device, press volume down+power keys and again boot into the bootloader mode.
- From the menu screen, navigate to the “Install Zip From Sd Card” option.
- Now, navigate and click on the root file, that you transferred to your SD card in the beginning.
- Now, navigate down using your Volume Down button and then click on yes.
- The installation of the root file will begin now. And the installation will complete in just couple of minutes.
- After the installation gets over, go back to your main menu.
- From the main menu, click on “Reboot System Now“.
Now your system will reboot. It will take 1-2 minutes to reboot. And Yeah, you completed the entire process to root HTC Wildfire S and even you installed CWM recovery as well.
To verify that everything has gone well, navigate to your app desk and search for CWM-Superuser. You can also try Root checker application to conform that your HTC wildfire S is rooted successfully.
Hope this guide about how to root HTC wildfire S helped you and don’t hesitate to make use of blow comments sections in case of any query’s.