Google has officially launched Android 4.4 KitKat and even some of the mobile companies released the initial list of Android Smartphones getting KitKat update. That list indirectly says, most of the low end devices may not get the update. Galaxy Y is not an exception, so here is a detailed guide to get Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360 using CM7 based ROM. Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360 is one the most popular smartphone from Samsung, but it is released in to market with Android Gingerbread, Slowly many custom ROM’s have been developed by developers to get Android ICS on Galaxy Y, Android Jelly Bean on Galaxy Y and now its time to get Android 4.4 KitKat update on Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360. This Custom ROM will give you Android 4.4 KitKat look on your mobile.
At the end of this article, i even provided Android 4.4 Kitkat feel Launcher, which is one the best launcher for Android devices. By using this ROM and Launcher together, you’ll get perfect Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360 in look.
Step by Step Tutorial to get Android 4.4 KitKat Update on Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360
As I promised above, in this article i will guide you to get Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360 by making use of custom ROM. Although it is not an official version, but it looks as same as original KitKat version. Before proceeding to the guide to get Android 4.4 KitKat update on Galaxy Y mobiles, let me say about few pre-requirements
- Your Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360 must be rooted and CWM Recovery must be installed in it.
- Enable USB De-Bugging on your mobile. You can enable it from “Settings > Applications > Development”
- Charge your device completely at the least up to 60%
- Backup all your important data using Backup Applications for Android likes Messages, Contacts, Applications etc
Download Required Stuff:
In order to get Android 4.4 KitKat update on Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360, you should immediately download all three below mentioned stuff. Either download them directly to your mobile or download them to your desktop and later copy all those three files to mobile.
How to Update or Install Android 4.4 Kitkat ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360
- Make sure you have copied all those above mentioned three files to your Micro SD card
- Now Switch your mobile off and Press and hold “Volume up, Home and Power” buttons together until you enter into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Apply update from SD card and choose CWM > Mount and Storage and select first four files”.
- Once done, now select “Install ZIP from SD card” and select CyanogenMod.zip from the Micro SD card downloaded/copied earlier.
- Go back to last screen by pressing Power button and select “Advance” and then “Reboot Recovery”.
- Now you should format everything, Select “format/data”, “format/cache”, “format/system” from “Mount and Storage” option.
- Go back to main screen by selecting “++back++” and select “Install ZIP from SD card” and select “Android 4.4 KitKat ROM”
- Move back to previous screen again and “data/factory reset” and “reboot” your mobile for the final time.
Android KitKat Launcher for Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360
Download KitKat Launcher from below link, and you’ll see three .APK files in it. By making use of some file mangers, install those 3 apk files in this order (PrebuiltGmsCore.apk, Velvet.apk and GoogleHome.apk). Once installed, simple select the launcher by pressing the “Home” Button.
That’s it, First boot may make several minutes; so keep your patience. Once booted successfully, you’re set to enjoy Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Y GT S5360. In case if you brick your mobile during this procees, you can unbrick Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 easily. So worries; Make use of below comment section for any instant help.