Google Workspace is one of the most widely used digital services for data storage and management, productivity, and business performance. However, adding to the initial Google Workspace data security is important.
How Secure is Google Workspace
Google is an international company known for its high-security standards. It constantly evolves and introduces the latest safety measures, which adds to the Google Workspace data protection.
The latest security certifications and encryption protocols are in place to ensure the safety of stored data and deliver secure access solutions to users. Overall, online and cloud services delivered by Google are incredibly secure. However, a good portion of security depends on the user.
Tips on Protecting Your Google Workspace Data
Google Workspace, or G Suite, is essentially a set of tools that businesses can use to enhance their productivity and data protection. However, every tool should be used properly to guarantee the best security and efficiency.
Here are some tips on how to improve the workspace security in your company:
- Shared drive – Google Workspace allows setting up shared drives for employees to use collectively and manage stored files seamlessly. This is an improvement on the classic Google Drive in the sense that this solution is perfect for a team of employees.
- Avoid phishing – this is one of the methods that hackers use to steal personal information online and infect systems with malware. Any innocent-looking email can contain a dangerous link. By informing your employees about such a possibility, you can avoid phishing via the messages received on Gmail.
- Choose admins – while Google Workspace services are very accessible for everyone, limiting this access could be a good idea from a business standpoint. It is recommended to appoint a few admins with different levels of access, who will monitor certain activities. Choosing reliable employees will prevent potential security breaches.
- Ransomware protection – malware continues to evolve, and nobody is 100% secure from hacker attacks. By setting up regular backups for your critical information, you can prevent data losses caused by potential ransomware attacks.
- Multifactor authentication – this type of authentication is more secure than having to insert a password to sign in to a certain account. Employees will have to receive an additional confirmation on their phones to log in, which is a great way of increasing protection against hackers.
SpinOne as a Google Workspace Data Protection Platform
If you are thinking about enhancing your Google Workspace enterprise security, SpinOne (spin.ai/platform/google-workspace) is the top solution for data protection. This is a convenient AI-powered platform that provides all the necessary tools for enhancing the security of Google solutions.
SaaS Ransomware Protection
While nobody is fully protected from ransomware attacks, it is possible to detect them early and reduce the damage to the minimum. SpinOne provides automatic monitoring tools for ransomware detection, which operate round the clock.
It is a great solution for protecting data stored in classic Google drives, shared drives, and Gmail. Recovery expenses after an attack can be reduced by up to 90%.
SaaS Application Security
Performing risk assessment of all applications and browser extensions is a crucial preventive measure for data security within a company. SpinOne solutions deliver compliance and quick assessment of more than 100,000 Google apps and various add-ons.
Monitoring is performed constantly to avoid security breaches. Approval process features allow quickly assessing all requests by company employees.
There are many factors that can cause data leakage. With DLP solutions, it is possible to control all data shared on Google drives of your company. Data access and ownership settings are flexible and can be changed at any time to delegate access to certain employees.
Weekly and monthly reports are in place to inform about any incidents involving crucial data. A convenient feature allows changing access to data in case any worker leaves the company. This way, they cannot access any files anymore and potentially steal information.
SaaS Backup & Recovery
A selection of convenient features from cloud-to-cloud data backup for effective recovery is available. The backup of all data is performed automatically three times a day. In case of data loss, it can be safely restored as separate required files, specific folders, or in full capacity.
Any requested file can be quickly located through a convenient search feature that includes all accounts and Google Workspace services.
SpinOne is an all-in-one platform with powerful Google Workspace security features designed for businesses. Having all protection solutions in place adds to the overall security of cloud services and user accounts within a company.