Our obsession with shopping from the comfort of our homes, with a single click on the mouse, or a tap on the screen often means we end up buying more than we can possibly afford. Online retailers have devised a tool which can lessen the amount we spend on e-shopping have, in the form of discount coupons.
In this piece, we would be talking about some of the discount coupons which could be availed for much flexibility while shopping online. All these coupons will help you to save some money either in kind or cash and comes very handy if you are avid users of online shopping.
Do you want to know what all types of discounts you can avail while shopping online? If yes, follow the article to save your hard-earned money next time while doing online shopping.
- Buy One Get One Coupons or BOGO coupons are perhaps the most familiar one on this list; it has become one of the most straightforward of all coupons which can lead to smart shopping. However, a tip for all fellow shopaholics: this coupon should not be used for items which you do not intend on buying in the first place.
- BOGO discount coupons come with many variations. One such is get one free for buying several. If you were planning to make a bulk purchase, this one is perfectly suited for you to get the most out of this deal. However, make sure you don’t overshop for grabbing this discount coupon.
- Another variation of the BOGO coupon is buy one, get half price on another. Though this might sound like a great deal, it isn’t that great like the other BOGO discount coupons; you might save some amount in the process, but not quite the amount you were expecting.
- Another pretty straightforward discount coupon is the discount offered for a minimum amount of purchase amount, for example, say, 10 bucks discount for every 25 bucks of shopping. However, you should not go over your budget to grab that discount, else you would be back to square one.
- A budget coupon often employed by online retailers in the Get one item Free for a minimum amount of purchase you make. For example, you might get a mobile back cover or a cookware free for making a purchase of 100 bucks. These kinds of deals come in handy only when the two coincide: you were actually going to spend the amount for purchasing in the first place, and the cookware is of use to you.
- Online retailers often giveaway items for free before the eve of any big holiday or an upcoming shopping season. This is a publicity stunt often employed by sellers either to promote the fact that new deals are on the way or to flush out existing stocks to make space for new ones. Either way, these deals are useful only if the items are given for free actually live up to their full utility. There’s no point in getting a free item if it does not serve any purpose.
- During big shopping seasons, online retailers provide a discount on the net value of total purchases made. For example, you might receive a 10 or 20 percent discount for a minimum amount of purchases, which makes the net amount go lower than the projected cost. Make sure, however, you must calculate the net purchases you intend to make before falling for the discount points. Flipkart Big App Shopping days is one such offer.
- Free shipping discount coupon is one way of looking for reduced weight on the total purchases you have already made. These types of discount coupons generally arrive without any catch; however, many retailers might ask you to make a minimum purchase amount before you can avail this coupon. Make sure you don’t end up buying more just to avail this coupon.
- Cash back offers are the new trend nowadays. Paytm started this business model where you will get a certain amount back to your Paytm wallet after making the purchase. You can use this amount to buy another product on the same site or you can transfer them to your bank account. Only a few sites like Paytm, Mobikwik will allow you to transfer money to bank account. Few sites will not provide bank transfer option and you need to use the cash back money to buy some other product on the same site.
- Online retailers like PromoCodeClub provide exclusive discount coupons for being a member of a certain group, or for being a loyal customer with the respective retailer for a considerable amount of time. These coupons are great deals if the item you are buying otherwise can drill a hole in your pocket, or if the items are of considerable use. However, you should always check for T&C before jumping in to become a member because that might incur some added costs.
These are some of the types of online coupons available that you might have found while shopping online. We recommend you to purchase wisely not get lured by these discount coupons. Happy Shopping.
Sashwato Chatterjee says
Thank you for sharing this info. I myself generally search for different types of discounts while shopping, so this helps 🙂