High school is finally over and it’s time to spread your wings at college. It’s an exciting time transitioning to the next stage of your life, and you want to get the best start possible. There are many different things to think about, including finding accommodation and buying textbooks. You also need to think about those extras that will make student life easier and more fun.
There are several different gadgets around that can be a great choice of purchase for a student. We are going to take a look at five that are definitely worth your attention.
1. Apple AirPods
Apple’s signature headphones are the epitome of cool. They connect to your Apple device instantly and give you around five hours of listening time. They have Bluetooth connectivity and the music automatically pauses when you remove them from your ears.
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri”
- Double-tap to play or skip forward
2. Portable Hard Drive
Let’s face it, when you have just completed a whole load of work as part of your Certificate 3 in Digital Media, the last thing you need is to lose it all. This is why a portable hard drive is a must-have gadget for any student. You can back up your work regularly, and be safe in the knowledge that you always have a copy of all your assignments, should disaster ever strike.
- Superfast Read Write speeds of up to 540 MB/s
- Top to bottom metal design that fits in the palm of your hand
- Optional password protection and AES 256 bit hardware encryption
- Includes USB Type C to C and USB Type C to A cables
3. Amazon Echo Dot
This may not be as much of a necessity as a portable hard drive, but there is no doubt that it’s a cool gadget to have around. Use your voice to control the music that you want to listen to. This means that you can sit back, relax and listen to tunes after a long, hard day of lectures, using either Bluetooth or an audio cable, for connectivity.
- Echo connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service, to play music, make calls, set timers and...
- Just ask to play music from Amazon Music Unlimited (available in 30+ countries, subscription...
- Use Echo as a Bluetooth speaker to play music from your own collection or other services (requires...
- Hands-free calling or messaging with other Echo devices or the Alexa App. Also, quickly connect to...
4. Amazon Kindle Fire
For anyone who does not want to carry a pile of textbooks around with them, the Amazon Kindle Fire is a great gadget to have. Books can be downloaded onto the device, making them a lot easy to transport around. This is also often a more affordable way to purchase books, which is very important if you are a student. You can also download useful study apps that can be a great help.
- Adjustable front light lets you read comfortably for hours—indoors and outdoors, day and night.
- Purpose-built for reading, with a 167 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper, even in...
- Read distraction-free. Highlight passages, look up definitions, translate words, and adjust text...
- Select from millions of books, newspapers, and audiobooks. Kindle holds thousands of titles so you...
5. Smart Notebook
If you have ever wanted to combine the convenience of handwriting notes in a lecture with the ability to upload what you have learned, you can if you invest in a smart notebook. These devices make use of a special type of ink which means that you can take notes as you normally would and then upload them directly to the Cloud. It’s a great way of saving time, which is always important in the busy life of a student.
- This product is new and includes a 365 day manufacturer warranty
- Get reliable performance from the Intel Celeron N3350 Dual-Core 1.1GHz processor
- 11.6" HD LED Touchscreen with 1366 x 768 resolution showcases movies and games in stunning clarity
- 4GB DDR3 memory - For multitasking power
These gadgets can make a big difference in student life, either by making the study process easier, saving time or helping you to relax during any free time that you have. These are all important considerations for any student.