Should I root my Android Smartphones? What are the Benefits of Rooting Android and Disadvantages of Rooting Android mobile ? What are its backlogs? These are the frequently asked questions, when it comes to Android Rooting. The truth is that, only very few people root their Android Smartphone after understanding its pro’s and con’s. While other Android users root their Smartphone, because they believe it is a commonly followed procedure.
According to me, if you’re a power user you can root to enjoy the benefits of rooting android mobile and of-course you can simply ignore the disadvantages of rooting android mobile. Developers and mobile geeks blindly root their mobiles on the first minute of their purchase but casual users won’t dare to perform it.
Rooting an Android mobile enables some dashing awesome features which can be used and handled only by power users, those new options may not help casual users in no way in most conditions.
Well, if you are in a dilemma, of whether or not you should root your Android Smartphone, then this article is surely gonna help you out. As today, we will be discussing about the advantages and disadvantages of rooting ! I mean the benefits of rooting Android mobile and it’s backlogs as well.
What Is Rooting Actually?
Well, before we actually discuss about the advantages and disadvantages of rooting, what does rooting actually mean?
Technically, rooting means tweaking into the administrative power of your device. After rooting, you can control the device in any manner you want. You can remove the pre-installed ROM and install a custom built ROM. Or you can under-clock or over-clock your Smartphone to downgrade or upgrade performance limit, respectively. Benefits of rooting android is simple to explain, you can use your smartphone in a different way which is not possible without rooting. One of the important benefits of rooting android is you can go inside the operating system to perform some geeky thing.
Benefits Of Rooting Android Smartphone?
There are lots of technical and user-related benefits of rooting Android Smartphone, and I have listed some of them below:
- Administrative Powers: As I said earlier, rooting your Android Smartphone gives you Administrative Powers. You can remove, alter or add any system files or scripts. So basically, you can develop and tweak your Android Smartphone, the way you want.
- Remove Bloatware: Most of the Android Smartphones out there, comes pre-loaded with lots of carrier and manufacturer specific bloatwares. Bloatwares mean applications or themes that you cannot delete from your Smartphone. But after rooting your Android Smartphone, you can easily remove these bloatwares off your Smartphone and remove the pre-installed themes launcher too. Moreover, doing so will provide you more free internal storage space, to store your apps.
- Run Apps That Require Root Access: There are several Android applications out there, that require root access to run. Which means, you won’t be able to run such applications without actually rooting your Android Smartphone. And when you root your Android Smartphone, you can run these applications without any issues. This is one the best considerable benefits of Android mobile.
- Install Custom ROMS: After rooting, you can install custom ROM’s [like Cyanogenmod] on your Android Smartphone. These custom ROM’s usually are Android Scripts for your Smartphone, developed by third-party developers.
- Moving Applications to SD card: Some android mobiles should be rooted in order to move Applications from device memory to SD card. Moving apps to memory card will save lots of internal memory and makes your smartphone lightning fast. This is the hell awesome thing in benefits of rooting android smartphone, I may root my root my mobile atleast for this. Just kidding.
Disadvantages Of Rooting Your Android Smartphone
Feeling glad after reading the advantages of rooting? But wait, there are few disadvantages of rooting. As i promised earlier this guide is to discuss about advantages and disadvantages of rooting.
Don’t get excited, rooting has its own disadvantages too. And we have mentioned some important disadvantages of rooting below:
- You Will Void The Warranty Of Your Smartphone: As I said before, the basic concept of rooting, is to get root/administrative access to your Android Smartphone. This means, you’re technically breaking barriers and limits, created by Android developers and your Smartphone manufacturer. Therefore, after rooting your Android Smartphone, you’ll void the warranty of your Smartphone.
- Your Smartphone May Get Damaged: While rooting, adding scripts or installing custom ROM’s, there are huge possibilities for your Smartphones to get bricked. Bricked means, that you’ll Smartphone will be no longer functional. You can neither boot it or repair it, totally damaged. As a result, you’ll see warning messages before every rooting tutorial stating that, the developers are not responsible if your Smartphone gets bricked during or after the rooting process.
- You Won’t Get Any Android Or Firmware Updates: After rooting, if you install a custom built ROM onto your Android Smartphone, then you won’t be eligible to get any further Android software updates or firmware updates from your Smartphone manufacturer, as you are no longer running their certified stock ROM.
Cool enough right? Still can’t decide? Tune your mind to some frequency at the least now and decide to one. If warranty of mobile is expired, you no need to consider the first disadvantage of rooting android mobile, If you’re sure; you will be careful while rooting and never mind about official updates, you can ignore all 2 remaining disadvantages.
That’s it about the advantages of disadvantages of rooting android mobile. Now you are informed about benefits of rooting Android. Let us know what you have decided finally, still having any doubts; consider making use of below comments system.