Recently we posted an article to update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 and we got lot of mails asking us how to update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.0.4 ICS. Due to huge requests from our readers we started working on this topic and found something useful at XDA Forum.
Are you waiting to update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.0.4 ICS CM Firmware? Then this educational tutorial is right place to update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.0.4 ICS.
Disclaimer: This ROM is not yet released from Samsung and it was created by developers on XDA Forum. This ROM is not tested completely and it may contain bugs. Neither GeekDashboard nor Developers are responsible if it cause any damage to your mobile. Try this ROM at your own risk. Hope you will understand it
Pre-Requirements to update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.0.4 ICS
As we are now going to update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.0.4 ICS, you should take care about your mobile and phone data. Follow below mentioned simple steps to be on safe side
- Double check that your mobile is charged at least to 80%, in case if you started this update process when your mobile battery is less than 40%, update process will interrupted and your mobile will be useless
- If Samsung Kies is installed on your system, we recommend to uninstall it and restart your PC
- Ensure you have installed with latest version of cable drivers and you are ready with Data cable
- Make sure you have recent backup for all contacts, apps, bookmarks, messages, settings etc
- You must turn on USB debugging on your device. You can do this at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
How to update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.0.4 ICS
Here is step by step tutorial to update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.0.4 ICS. Never think updating is a risky task, it is easy as 1 2 3 if you follow all steps in proper manner
- Root your Samsung Galaxy Y (Mandatory Thing) (Rooting guide)
- Install ClockWorkMod on Samsung Galaxy Y. Failed to follow these steps ( Step 1 and Step 2), your mobile is not eligible for installing custom ROM and finally you will end with bricked mobile.
- Download the updated rooting stuff form HERE (Updated Link) and save it on your desktop. This file is a Zip file and no need to extract it
- Now connect your mobile using USB cable and copy the downloaded file in root folder of memory card
- Now, disconnect your mobile from PC and Switch it off
- Press and hold Power button, Volume up Button and Home Button until you entered in to Recovery mode
- Earlier if you have installed any ROM on your mobile you need to wipe it. In Backup and restore option select Wipe Date using volume keys. This will completely remove the old ROM from your device
- Now using Volume up and down keys select the download zip (in Step 1) in your memory card
- Immediately mobile will start updating process and it will complete in 3-5 mins and by using go back option select reboot on home screen
Congratulations to update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.0.4 ICS. Enjoy new version in your mobile
Also Read: How to check if phone is rooted or not
Consider sharing this article all over your social media profiles. Be Social Dude