This educational guide is to show how to update Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich with CyanogenMod 9 Firmware Rom. Recently we posted about how to install ics on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. After 2 days of posting it one of my reader asked me to write same for Samsung Galaxy Ace. Samsung can’t release ICS update for Galaxy ACE as it has low hardware configuration. I think it is bad news for all Galaxy Ace users, CyanogenMod 9 Firmware ROM helps to update Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android 4.0 and allows you to enjoy hidden features in your mobile.
Features of CyanogenMod 9 Firmware ROM
As you are going to install unofficial CyanogenMod 9 Firmware ROM on your device, it is mandatory to know about all its features CyanogenMod 9 Firmware ROM contain
- Ice cream Sandwich Keyboard and Games
Disclaimer: This tutorial is only for education purpose. Neither we nor developers are responsible for any damage to your mobile . This ROM may contain some bugs too.
Requirements to update Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android 4.0
- Ensure you have already rooted you device. If your Samsung Galaxy Ace is not rooted yet, then root Samsung Galaxy Ace first and continue to further steps
- Install clockworkmod cwm recovery manager after rooting the device. These two steps are important and mandatory to update Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android 4.0. In case you continued without performing these two steps, your device may be bricked and will struck at Samsung logo screen
- Charge your battery at least up to 60% but i recommend you to charge up to 80%
- Backup all data in Phone memory like messages, contacts, apps, book marks etc
- Ensure you have enabled USB Debugging on the device. You can enable it at Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
How to update Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android 4.0
- Download update package (125 mb) HERE and save it on desktop.
- Connect your device in mass storage using USB cable. Now copy the download zip file in to micro SD card
- Disconnect the mobile and switch it off. You should enter in to recovery mode by press and holding volume up button, Home button and Power button
- Select Install zip from SDcard option on clockmode recovery screen. Then select the downloaded zip file from memory card
- Updating process will start now and it may take up to 5 mins. After completion of update, go back to recovery screen and select reboot device now.
- You phone will reboot couple of times and you can see Android 4.0 home screen on your Samsung Galaxy Ace
Congratulations to update samsung galaxy ace to android 4.0 and now check if phone is rooted or not
Please fell free to comment for any query. Consider sharing this guide all over your Social media profiles