Have you been one of the Nokia Lovers? Let me be frank, Windows Phones are kind of a flop. But Never mind, Nokia is planning to rule the smartphone world again with its brand new Nokia C1 which would run on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Today I’m going to tell you about Nokia C1 that is making round in the ears of tech lovers. Here are Nokia C1 specifications, features, price and release date.
You might have heard about the acquisition of Nokia’s devices by Microsoft. There is another piece of news for you, the acquisition of Nokia by Microsoft will end in the year of 2016. With the expiry of Nokia-Microsoft contract, Nokia is ready to make its comeback to the smartphone market with the launch of Nokia C1 Android smartphone.
The new Nokia C1 is expected to be launched in the early months of the next year during Mobile World Congress. It will be interesting to see with what specification the Android smartphone will come up with. We will provide you with the specs of the anticipated Nokia C1 Android phone.
Nokia C1 Android Smartphone Specifications
Here are complete Features of Nokia C1 Smartphone from Nokia. Hope this phone will have a good build quality and high quality smartphone.
Design And Dimensions
The screen to body size ratio of the phone seems to be perfect as seen in the leaked images of the phone in the Chinese website. On the surface of the phone, navigation buttons will be available. The phone appears to be like the smaller version of Nokia N1 tablet with a 5- inch FHD screen. The resolution of the phone might be 720 X 1280 pixels. The overall design of Nokia C1 Android Smartphone looks sleek and beautiful. The screen comes with Gorilla Glass 3.
Nokia C1 Operating System
Nokia C1 the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow as the operating system to give the Nokia users a fresh experience. This is a big move and shocking news for everyone, Yes, Nokia is releasing their mobiles on Android.
Update: Nokia C1 is coming in two variants, One will run on Windows 10 while other will run on Android 6.0
Processor and RAM
The processor of the phone will be of Intel Atom with 2GB RAM which will make the multitasking easy. Nokia tried hard to minimize the heating issues. You can expect this mobile to run smoothly without any lagging.
Nokia C1 will be flaunting 8MP primary camera and a 5MP front camera (secondary camera) for selfie lovers. The camera will be having autofocus and LED flash along with geo-tagging and touch focus. Videos can be recorded with 1080p@30fps.
With 32 GB internal storage space will never be a problem for the users. Nokia N1 supports external micro SD card up to 64 GB. This is quite enough to store all important data.
Nokia N1 supports 4G LTE technology. It is a dual SIM mobile (micro SIM). It has a universal USB port to sync data between mobile and computers.
Nokia C1 is expected to have a non- removable 3100 mAh Li-Ion battery. May be this might be the one of the best smartphone with such huge capacity. It lasts for one full day even on heavy browsing.
Other Specs of Nokia C1
The only source about the information of the phone has predicted the phone might have sensors like accelerator, proximity and compass. Nokia C1 will be having 3.5 mm jack like many other smartphones. It may have wireless charging technology and NFC. WiFi, Bluetooth, Hotspot are common as usual.
|Operating System||Android 6.0 Marshmallow and Windows 10|
|Internal memory||32 GB|
|SIM||Dual SIM (micro)|
|Camera (primary)||8 MP|
|Camera (secondary)||5 MP|
|Flash||Yes, LED Flash|
Nokia C1 Release Date
Nokia C1 is expected to be released on February 5, 2017. Unlike Motorola, Nokia C1 can be purchased on both online store and local offline stores.
|United Stated (US)||Coming Soon|
|South Korea||Coming Soon|
Nokia C1 Price
The Nokia C1 Android smartphone boosts about all the basic stuffs in an Android phone that is available in the present market. Therefore, it is expected that the phone will be available in a price that is neither too low nor too high, the price will lie in the mid-range. The phone might prove to be a boon for all the people who have a low budget, and we’re not sure of it. Here are our expected Nokia C1 price list.
|Indian Rupee||Rs. 14,999|
|British Pound||145 GBP|
You should remember that Nokia has not officially made any comment regarding its new phone- Nokia C1 Android smartphone. All the specs about the display mentioned in this site is the one that we are expecting from the leaked images. The information about Nokia C1 Android smartphone has been leaked in a Chinese website. After a combined study, we have come up with the information about this upcoming Android smartphone from Nokia. Let’s see what the actual specs of Nokia C1 Android smartphone is, after Nokia officially makes a remark. Let us keep our fingers crossed till then as there is no confirmation!
Nokia C1 Features and Full Specifications
- Device TypeSmartphone
- ModelNokia C1
- AnnouncedNo Official announcement
- ReleasedNot Yet
- StatusComing Soon
- Type Design Type called form factor refers to a mobile phone's size, shape, and style as well as the layout and position of major components of phone. There are three major form factors seen in mobile phones => bar phones, folding phones and sliding phones.Bar
- 2G NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G NetworkHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G NetworkYes
- SIM SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) is a small card that contains mobile network subscriber's account information. This allows the phone using the card to attach to a mobile network. The SIM card is most commonly associated with GSM and UMTS mobile networks. Moving a SIM card from one phone to another allows a subscriber to switch mobile phones without having to contact their mobile network carrier. SIM cards can also be used by a phone to store limited amounts of data, such as phone numbers and text messages.Micro SIM
- Dual SIMYes
- Display Type Display Technology => A number of display technologies and types used in mobile phones => TFT (Thin Film Transistor), IPS (In-Place Switching), OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode), AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode), Super AMOLED (an even advanced version of AMOLED), Resistive Touchscreen (Resistive touchscreens contain two layer of conductive material with a very small gap between them which acts as a resistance), Capacitive Touchsceen (Capacitive touchscreen technology consists of a layer of glass coated with a transparent conductor)IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Size5.0 inches
- Resolution720 x 1280 pixels
- Display Colors Display Colors is refers to the number of different shades of colors that the screen is capable of displaying => 64K colors, 256K colors and 16 million colors, Obviously 16M is highest available range of colors and better than others.16 Million
- Pixel Density Pixel Density (PPI) is refers to the concentration of pixels on a particular display, measured in pixels per inch (ppi). Pixel density is calculated by dividing the diagonal pixel resolution of a display by its diagonal size, higher pixel density better display quality.~296
- Touch ScreenYes, Multi-touch
- Display Protection Display Protection => Gorilla Glass is a special alkali-aluminosilicate glass shield with exceptional damage resistance that helps protect mobile displays from scratches, drops, and bumps of everyday use, It is always better to go for a smartphone with Gorilla Glass for that added protection and peace of mind.corning gorilla glass 3
- Audio PlaybackYes
- Video PlaybackYes
- Video OutYes
- FM RadioYes
- Alert TypesVibrations
- Ring TonesYes
- Primary Camera is able to capture photographs and usually videos, The most important characteristics of a camera are the resolution (measured in megapixels), lens focus type (fixed or automatic), higher megapixel cameras are known to capture higher quality photos, but not always a good measurement of the photos quality.8 MP
- Image3264 x 2448 pixels
- FeaturesAuto focus
- Flash Flash Light => There is commonly two types of flash lights are used in camera mobile phones, LED Flash (LED flash offers lower power consumption with drive circuitry that takes up very little room, LEDs can be strobed faster than any other light source), Xenon Flash (xenon flash produces an extremely intense full-spectrum white light for a very short duration)LED Flash
- Camera Secondary5 MP
- Operating System OS => Every computer system run on a base software called Operating System (OS). Operating System controls all basic operations of the computer (such as smartphone, PDAs, tablet computers and other handheld devices). The Operating System allows the user to install and run third party applications (apps), apps are used to add new functionality to the device.Android 6.0 / Windows 10
- User Interface UI or user interface of a device is the look and feel of the on-screen menu system. How it works, its color scheme, how it responds to button presses, all of these things are part of the user interface.Modified Stock Android
- Java Support Java for Mobile Devices is a set of technologies that let developers deliver applications and services to all types of mobile handsets, ranging from price efficient feature-phones to the latest smartphones. Java is currently running on over 3 billion phones worldwide, and growing. It offers unrivaled potential for the distribution and monetization of mobile applications.No
- Facebook Facebook is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos and video, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues. The site is available in 37 different languages.
- Youtube Youtube is a popular free video-sharing website, Youtube is the largest video sharing site in the world, Millions of users around the world have created accounts on the site that allow them to upload videos that anyone can watch.
- Chipset Chipset is a group of integrated circuits designed to perform one or a more dedicated functions, often with real time computing constraints, Popular smartphones are equipped with more advanced embedded chipsets that can do many different tasks depending on their programming.Intel
- RAM (Memory) RAM (Random Access Memory) is a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly, any byte of memory can be accessed without touching the preceding bytes that allows information to be stored and accessed quickly from random locations. RAM is the most common type of memory found in computer systems, smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices.2 GB
- Internal Storage Internal Storage is a data storage space (flash memory) mostly used in smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices where operating system, apps, music, photos, videos, files and other user data Is stored.32 GB
- Card Slot Memory Card Slot is a special slot for inserting a memory card. Memory cards allow you to expand the phone's built-in memory, A memory card (sometimes called a flash memory card or a storage card) is a small storage medium used to store data such as text, pictures, audio, and video, for use on small, portable or remote computing devices such as mobile phones, mp3 players, digital cameras.Yes, up to 64 GB
- Sensors Sensors are electronic components that detects and responds to some type of input from the physical environment. The specific input could be light, heat, motion, moisture, pressure and location, The output is generally a signal that is converted to use in computing systems, a location sensor, such as a GPS receiver is able to detect current location of your electronic device.Proximity
- Bluetooth Bluetooth is a wireless communications technology for exchanging data between mobile phones, headsets, computers and other network devices over short distances without wires, Bluetooth technology was primarily designed to support simple wireless networking of personal consumer devices.v4.0
- Infrared Infrared connectivity is an old wireless technology used to connect two electronic devices. It uses a beam of infrared light to transmit information and so requires direct line of sight and operates only at close range.
- Wi-fi Wi-Fi is a popular wireless networking technology using radio waves to provide high-speed network connections that allows devices to communicate without cords or cables, Wi-Fi is increasingly becoming the preferred mode of internet connectivity all over the world.802.11 a/b/g/n
- Wi-fi Hotspot
- GPS GPS The Global Positioning System is a satellite-based radio navigation system, GPS permits users to determine their position, velocity and the time 24 hours a day, in all weather, anywhere in the world, In order to locate your position, your device or GPS receiver must have a clear view of the sky.Yes
- NFC NFC (Near field communication) is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish peer-to-peer radio communications with each other by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no more than a few inches.
- HDMI HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transferring uncompressed video data and compressed or uncompressed digital audio data from a HDMI-compliant source device to a compatible computer monitor, video projector, digital television, or digital audio device.
- Wireless Charging Wireless Charging (Inductive Charging) uses an electromagnetic field to transfer energy between two objects. This is usually done with a charging station. Energy is sent through an inductive coupling to an electrical device, which can then use that energy to charge batteries or run the device.
- GPRS GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) is a packet oriented mobile data service on the 2G and 3G cellular communication system's global system for mobile communications (GSM), Generally, GPRS is used for the purpose of wireless data transfer, such as sharing pictures and videos or browsing the Internet via a mobile phone connection.
- EDGE EDGE (Enhanced Data GSM Environment) is a wireless network technology generally considered the next step in the 2G network offers data transfer rates up to four times faster than ordinary GSM networks, Generally, EDGE is used for the purpose of wireless data transfer, such as sharing pictures and videos or browsing the Internet via a mobile phone connection.
- Web Browser Web Browser => a web browser is a software application used to locate, retrieve and display content on the World Wide Web, including Web pages, images, video and other files, The primary function of a web browser is to render HTML, the code used to design or markup webpages.Google Chrome
- SMS SMS (Short Messaging Service) is a text messaging service component of phone, Web, or mobile communication systems. It uses standardized communications protocols to allow mobile phone devices to exchange short text messages over the networks.Yes (threaded view)
- MMS MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) is a standard way to send messages that include multimedia content (audio clips, video clips and images) to and from mobile phones over wireless networks using the WAP protocol.
- Email Email (Electronic Mail) is a system for receiving, sending, and storing electronic messages, Similar to a letter, email is text messages that may contain files, images, or other attachments sent via the internet to a recipient by using applications and software prograps. An email address is required to receive email, and that address is unique to the user.Yes
- Battery Type Battery Type => Cell phones run on various kinds of batteries depending on the manufacturer, phone size or shape and features. There are basically four types of cell phone batteries => Lithium Polymer, Lithium Ion, Nickel Metal Hydride and Nickel Cadmium.Li-Ion (Lithium Ion)
- Capacity Battery Capacity is a measure (typically in Amp-hr) of the charge stored by the battery, and is determined by the mass of active material contained in the battery. The battery capacity represents the maximum amount of energy that can be extracted from the battery under certain conditions.3100 mAh
Let us know how you feel about Nokia’s comeback with Android in the comment section.